FORS Silver/Gold – 7.5 tonnes
FORS operators shall ensure that all HGVs are fitted with enhanced safety equipment designed to reduce the risk of close-proximity collisions involving vulnerable road users.
Vulnerable road user safety equipment shall include:
- Blind spot vision aids that provide the driver with a full view of the near-side vehicle blind spot
- An audible warning system that alerts other road users of left-turn and reversing manoeuvres and should be fitted with a manual override switch to mute sound between 23.30 and 07.00
Blind spot vision aids shall include:
- A camera system that monitors the near-side vehicle blind spot
- An in-cab display screen to provide the driver with a view of the near-side blind spot
- An in-cab audible warning system to alert the driver of other road users in the near-side blind spot
Rigid goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight shall be fitted with a camera system that monitors the rear vehicle blind spot.
Camera systems should also:
- Monitor front and off-side blind spots
- Be able to digitally record incidents and assist in driver training and development